Top 'O the Mornin! St. Patrick's Day is highly celebrated and under-decorated. Growing up in an Irish family, I have always loved March 17 for its tradition, fun, and c'mon, everyone looks great in green! Here are some of my favorite simple decorating ideas for St. Paddy's Day...
Pin up St. Patrick's Day cards, pins, and kids' artwork!
A few assorted beer glasses with green water and a floating candle make an easy and inexpensive display..
St. Patrick's Day in a ball jar! Fill a jar with gold coins and cute green hats(available at Michaels)
Festive signs from the $1 section at Target on the front door...
No St. Paddy's Day is complete without some real beer...in a cupcake! This recipe is delicious and leaves some leftover Guinness that just can't be wasted. I found this on www.partypeopleblog.com last year and have promised my son that my fingers will not get caught in the mixer again this time. That was before I drank the Guinness BTW.
Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Icing
-For the Cupcakes-
1 bottle Guinness
1 cup(2 sticks) unsalted butter
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup sour cream
Baking Temperature: 350 degrees
Baking Time: 17 minutes
Makes 24 Yummy Cupcakes
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. Bring Guinness and butter to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add cocoa powder and whisk until mixture is smooth. Cool slightly
4. Using electric mixer, beat eggs and sour cream in a large bowl.
5. Add Guinness-chocolate mixture to egg mixture and beat until just combined.
6. Add flour mixture and beat on slow speed.
7. Fold batter until completely combined.
8. Fill cupcake liners, 2/3 to 3/4 full. Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 17 minutes. Cool completely on a rack before icing.
-For the Frosting-
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3 to 4 cups confectioners sugar
3 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream
1 tablespoon milk
1. Place the butter in a large bowl and beat until creamy.
2. Gradually add the sugar, one cup at a time, beating well (about 2 minutes) after each cup until a good consistency is reached.
3. Add Bailey's and milk until just combined.
Ice, decorate with sprinkles or a shamrock, and enjoy!!!!
Erin Go Braugh!!!